Sunday, October 7, 2007

Snow Days!

Went up to Mammoth this weekend and saw my first snowfall! Had a blast visiting, but I don't know how people could LIVE in the snow for months at a time! Scraping ice off your ENTIRE car, watching for black ice, icicles and snow falling off rooftops, dressing in multiple layers, shoveling snow, laying out salt, slipping and sliding around....seems like I'd be late anywhere I had to go during the winter months! But it sure was beautiful!

Fall colors:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The view from our motel:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My one catch of the trip:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Janice Stearns said...

I agree, it's beautiful, but I wouldn't want to live there. My son has the right idea. He works as an snowboard instructor for a few months in the winter, then comes back home. He loves it up there, but only because he doesn't have to stay all year.
Great pictures by the way. Thanks for sharing. It made me want to visit!

Daniel Martinez said...

Wow! the pictures look great. Hey nice catch! Thanks for the info on uploading a picture. I love this technology stuff, and how we can communicate with people we know very little about.

Daniel Martinez said...

wow! great pictures. What a view. Hey nice catch and I do mean the fish.(Joke) Hey thanks for the info on uploading pictures. It very nice to communicate with great people. Viva technology. Hey questions was a cold out there? Looks like you guys had fun.

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! You're pictures are amazing! I must agree with both you and Janice, it's beautiful but I wouldn't want to live there either! But, I bet it's a really nice place to visit.