Saturday, October 13, 2007

podcasts and streaming, oh my!

So there was a lot to view, and watch, and listen to this week! There are a lot of great podcasts out there! My favorite site was Learn Out Loud. I was really impressed w/ the audiobook podcasts available for free! I'm glad I canceled my subscription to an audiobook site, because there's a lot out there for free that I could listen to for online or download through ITunes. I listened to Beowulf...not that I understood a lot of it (The site says it was meant to be listened to, but I need the footnotes!)

My delicious account is now filled with podcast related sites. There's just so much out there.

5 comments:

Ms. Stern - Room 49 said...

Matthew,

We seem to be on the same wavelength - I too really liked LearnOutLoud. Beowulf - wow! I'm impressed. I stuck to the easy stuff - a group of educators talking about podcasting in education.

Evie

Markal said...

Wow, thanks for the tip, Matt. I will have to listen to the podcast you are discussing. My wife would definietely be interested because she is an avid reader. And free. She loves freebies. You can't get it any better than that. Thanks again.

RicoSal said...

It seems like you just found a jackpot when it comes to podcasts. It appears that video will come in and it will stay for quite a while in temrs of teaching and our classrooms. We will certainly make use of it all.

blouie said...

I too am excited about the amount of free content that is out there to listen to.

Mr. Olivas said...

It's nice to know that I can now "rummage" look at all of these podcasts you have collected. Any extra resources are valuable for educators who are looking out for the student's academic achievements!